Due to the rising cost of uniforms for our families, the Kingdom is transitioning away from a uniform school and to a dress code. Parents may still use uniforms that they already purchased or may continue to purchase the uniforms polo shirts from the school for one final school year.
The new dress code is as follows:
- Khaki pants, shorts, skirts, skorts, or jumpers
- For Physical Education, gym shoes are required, but otherwise, the dress code/uniform remains the same. Students will have physical education for a 13 week cycle rather than every other week this school year. Students will not wear sweatpants/shorts for gym.
- No color restrictions on shoes; gym shoes must be worn for physical education
- KDG-2nd Grade—solid navy polo shirts (long or short sleeved)—no logos; or uniform polo shirts
- 3rd-5th Grade—light blue or white polo shirts (long or short sleeved)—no logos; or uniform polo shirts
Students must follow the dress code each and every day. For families that want to continue to wear the uniform this school year, the THE KINGDOM CHARTER SCHOOL OF LEADERSHIP school will be selling uniform polo shirts at a discounted rate. They will be available for purchase at our Super Tuesday Social on August 7th from 5-7pm and at our Back to School night on August 28th from 5-7pm and from Mrs. Hampton, the dean of students. Our uniform shirts will no longer be available at Flynn & O’Hara.
Please follow these general guidelines when dressing your child:
- Neat, well-fitted apparel
- No jewelry, with the exception of stud earrings
- Plain, white under shirts
- Black belts for all pants
- Cargo pants are not allowed
- No open-toe shoes; gym shoes are required for physical education.
- THE KINGDOM CHARTER SCHOOL OF LEADERSHIP All hats and other headwear should be removed upon entering the building, except those worn for religious observance.
- No ssNo sweatpants/clothes are permitted, except for dress down days.
Student dress down day may vary with the age of the student, instructional activity, and physical conditions in the school. The dress and grooming of students shall contribute to the health and safety of the individual and shall not disrupt the orderly educational process. Student clothing and accessories shall neither endorse nor tacitly approve products and practices which are prohibited by law or school policy. It is imperative that you follow the school dress code/uniform policy. Your child will be penalized if he/she is not dressed appropriately for school.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Principal, Kingdom Charter School of Leadership